Saturday, February 19, 2011

What's Stopping Me From Deleting Your E-zine?

I'm subscribed to over 50 e-zines. I don't have time to read them all. I usually root though my
e-mail box, read the e-zines that look interesting and delete the rest. Does this sound like you?
When I send out my own e-zine "The BizReport Newsletter", I always try to put an appealing
headline in the subject line than just the name of my e-zine. My sales and readership are always
higher compared to the issues I don't use an appealing headline.
Which issue would you read first?
Subject Line 1:
The BizReport Newsletter
Or
Subject Line 2:
The BizReport Newsletter - FREE Internet Marketing Course!
I think all of you would honestly pick subject line number two.

Here are three types of appealing e-zine headlines that I have used to great success:

A "Freebie" Headline

Use a headline about a freebie you are offering in your e-zine. People love to get free stuff. The
freebie should be related to your e-zine's topic. Keep the freebies coming and your subscribers
will keep reading!
Examples:
FREE Online Marketing E-book!
NEW! Free Autoresponders!

A "Content" Headline
Are you publishing an interesting article? Use the article's title in your e-zines subject line.
People won't delete your e-zine if they know you offering appealing content.
Examples:
5 Sure-Fire Ways To Attract New Customers Now !
Increase Your Credibility With Web Site Awards!

A "Contest" Headline
Use a headline about a contest or sweepstakes you're holding in your e-zine. The prizes should
be something of interest or value to your subscribers. Your subscribers will open your e-zine to
see how to enter.
Examples:
Win A $1000 Worth Of Advertising!
Would you like to win a trip to Hawaii?

No comments:

Post a Comment